We're not going to waste time intro'ing this, it's just a girls version of an existing sports blog. And by all means if you have something relevant to add, comment away.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lakers @ Bulls

A word before the game
Sunday was a crazy night at STAPLES right? Were you there? We were. Enough of that. Let's get this under way and see if it was a fluke, or if it was the real thing shall we?


Tip off
1st Quarter
2nd Quarter
Half Time
3rd Quarter
4th Quarter


Final Comments
Quote of the night (from a comment by Mhunt at forumblueandgold.com):

"I realized what it is that Kwame really brings to that first unit besides a big body on defense: a simple, almost childlike adherence to the offense. In a way, he reminds me of a kid in the third-grade, one of the slowest in the class, coming in for a math test furiously reciting the multiplication tables under his breath so he can remember them. Doesn’t matter what the test questions actually are: he’s going to write down his memorized tables and hope for a C- this time instead of a D or F.

When he’s on the floor with the first unit, the ball moves much better because Kwame is only capable of focusing on just one thing: moving where he’s supposed to as hard and fast as he can. He’s not really bright enough to think about anything else at the time. That’s probably a part of why his hands are so rubbery…he’s concentrating so hard on making the right cut, or setting the right pick, and suddenly someone passes him the ball and he’s thinking “What’s this? But I’m supposed to be moving! Not catching! Mongo no move and catch at same time!” Almost like a toddler, actually."

Pretty much sums it up, but you can read it all if you'd like.




Notice how it's all blank in the middle? Here's the thing: I'm here in good old San Diego. The game is on KCAL. KCAL does not exist in San Diego. Now you're thinking "what?". That's okay, there's a solution to this. Pay nearly $200 and get League Pass. Which means you can watch any game you want. Every game will be available in one of the following ways:
Local Broadcast (like KCAL)
National Broadcast (like ESPN)
NBATV (yeah it's the NBA's very own channel)
League Pass Broadband (view it on the internet)

Now, you can only get a game in one of those places. You're not gonna have it on multiple channels, bottom line. I'm fine with that. Really. I'll sit through crappy announcers so I can see the team. Tonight I come home, look up where I'm supposed to watch the game at, find that it's on NBATV and flip to that channel. Being that it's on NBATV it's available to any and everyone who's paid for League Pass on that channel... unless you have KCAL. I know you're still wondering why I didn't see the game. Me too actually.

Aaaaaaaaaaaapparently since the game is being broadcast locally (KCAL) it's blacked out in my area on NBATV. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but WE DON'T FUCKING GET KCAL IN SAN DIEGO. Maybe this is a mistake DIRECTV made? It'd be a pretty big mistake - it's like going snowboarding during All Star Break and... woah, off topic - but just maybe. I call them, and of course get the pre-recorded run around, just what I'd hoped for, before finally getting to the bottom of things. Nope, no mistake. I can watch the game on KCAL this lady tells me. I ask if she can look at my account and tell me where I'm at on the planet earth. Yes, for the record the information is right in front of her. I asked if she's ever been to San Diego. Yes, she lives in San Diego. What? No way! I asked when the last time she watched KCAL in San Diego was... shockingly at this point there is silence on the other end of the phone.

There's no resolution to this because DIRECTV is still going to maintain that we San Diegans can just watch it on KCAL and I'm still going to be mad - except that I'm going to get my $200 back, they may not know that yet but I am. Thank god NBA.com doesn't block people from looking up scores of games they could be watching on their local channel because now I can look at the exciting white box and see that we won! That's pretty much all I can look and see. So, thank you DIRECTV for making me pay nearly $200 for some free stuff.

No comments: